Friday 13 January 2012

Off from the norm

Since the start of plannig I have been looking at way to cut down on the gear I carry. On the water I need base layers, whilst off the water I need both warm and cold weather clothing. I have been thinking hard about how I can balance these out - without having to carry too much.

As a break from the 'norm' I have decided to paddle in a gilet and a simple baselayer, with thermal pants over cargo pants under my dry pants. This allows me to carry simple clothes in my kayak whilst also using the 'water wear' as regular clothes.

For this I am wearing the Ignite vest for core protection. It seems a sensible solution to the situation, been primaloft it will not matter if it get damp under my dry top.

  Men's Ignite Vest

£85.00

In my dry bags I am looking at taking the minimum gear. Shorts and a basic tshirt, wool beanie and the Asgard jacket for cold nights at elevation.

More will be added in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment